Organized by local scholastic chess organization Rockford Chess and directed by Rock River Chess, the Rockford Chess Challenge is an unrated chess tournament for students in grades K-12 in the Rock River area. Students are divided into 4 sections and play friendly competition as a way to introduce players to the excitement of competitive chess.
Host schools earn a portion of every registration, making the Rockford Chess Challenge a great way to raise funds for scholastic chess programs!
2019-2020 RCC dates and locations:
Saturday, October 5th, 2019 - Marshall Middle School - Register by clicking here Saturday, December 14th, 2019 - Marshall Elementary School - Register by clicking here
- Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 - RESA Middle School - Register by clicking here
- Saturday, April 25th, 2020 - Flinn Middle School - Register by clicking here
The next Rockford Chess Challenge is on Saturday, February 22nd, 2020
hosted by Rockford Environmental Science Academy, 1800 Ogilby Rd, Rockford, IL 61102
- Check-In from 7:45 am – 8:45am
- 5 Rounds of G25/d5 - First matches start at 9:15am, subsequent rounds start as soon as possible
- Any player who has not checked-in by 8:45am will be dropped from the competition
- All players play all 5 rounds with an anticipated end time of 3:00pm
- Awards to top players in each section, other awards may be given depending on registrations
- Players must play in their appropriate section, but may "play-up" if they choose / Players may not change sections once games have begun
- Students must be supervised by a parent or coach at all times
- Teams must enter at least 5 players to qualify for team awards.
- Limited to first 200 registrants
- Pre-Registration – $15 per player / ALL late and on-site registrations will be $20
- All registrations are non-refundable
- Send questions to Jeff.Doubek@RockfordChess.com